Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Needle Felted Creatures and other things


Finally I think I have figured out how to post pictures thanks to my niece Fern, so here are pictures of a few of the things that I needle felt. The first is a mermaid. She started out as a bear and ended up as bare breasted. She is sunbathing at the edge of my pond.



This next picture is a sunflower gnome that I donated to our local Sunflower Festival to support the hospice.I like making animals too, especially ones that fit nicely in a childs hand.


I have been needlefelting for two years, I use all local wool, mohair, alpaca and llama and make most of my animals from the fleece from my shetland sheep.




A new born shetland lamb from last spring.

A few more things.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Too cute!

*Dani* said...

Those are great! My best girlfriend loves to knit- I'm going to send her a link to your blog. : )

(ps- I'm eli's_mommy from mothering)

Jude said...

I saw your link in your signature on MDC. Have you ever thought of selling your things? They're awesome!
Check out www.etsy.com if you haven't already. It's a great place to sell your hand made things.

Monica said...

Oh oh oh! Is there any way we can buy a felted lamb from you? My daughter would *love* it. (And so would I!)

caseyoconnell said...

I love those! Another MDC mom here--Valkyrie9.

Little Me said...

I LOVE your gnomes! GIMME!!!!

Not Hannah said...

Those are so frickin' cute I can't stand it. How do you DO that???

suzanara said...

love your work especially the gnomes so cute!

mamakopp said...

I love the mermaid!!!! Everything is so delightful :)